ANJ aims to increase fitness and health within the community, socialize and celebrate sport.
In ANJ, as around the world, we are using sport to strengthen and make new bonds. ANJ invests in and supports the Dawoodi Bohra community members so that they can harness the power of sport – not only to improve their physical and mental health but also to bring people of different personalities and traits together. In this way, individuals retain their individuality and identity while co-existing with others in a fair and inclusive environment.
At ANJ we recognise the following and have moulded our mission to promote health in the community accordingly:
- Sports can address complex social issues
- Need for to be relevant and relatable delivery staff
- Multi-stakeholder collaboration (consider financial, medical and psycho-social partners)
- Focus on quality outcomes with fewer people, recognising the ripple effect within the community when a genuine life change happens to individuals
- Measuring how individuals’ lives have changed for the better
- Inspire! Inspire! Inspire!